Today, new research has revealed that Jeremy Corbyn’s tax plans will mean a £2,400 bill for you and your family – the equivalent of an entire month’s pay for the average earner. Labour’s £384 billion blackhole will be paid for by hardworking people.
Meanwhile, the Shadow Foreign Secretary revealed that Corbyn’s Labour would fail in the first duty of government: to keep people safe.
On the nuclear deterrent – as well as on Scottish independence – Jeremy Corbyn would chose a backroom deal with the SNP over the interests of people. This means we will spend 2020 on the chaos of another two referendums – meaning we can’t get on to deliver on all those other issues that people care about.
Meanwhile, the Conservatives are getting on with spreading our positive message for the country. The Chancellor is in the South West today, where he’ll outline why only the Conservatives can get Brexit done.
Throughout this campaign here are the key things you need to remember:
- The choice at this election is between a majority Conservative government that will end the paralysis and confusion in Parliament, get Brexit done, and let the country move on OR a hung Parliament bringing more confusion and Corbyn in Downing Street.
- Only the Conservatives can win a majority – we only need to win nine more seats to end the gridlock in Parliament. Corbyn can’t win a majority but in a hung parliament he would be propped up by the SNP.
- Under Corbyn 2020 would be lost to the chaos of another two referendums – one on Brexit and another on Scottish independence.
- A Conservative Government can unleash Britain’s potential. Investing in our NHS with 40 new hospitals, cutting crime with 20,000 more police, introducing an Australian style points based immigration system, and giving businesses and families the economic certainty they need to plan for the future with confidence.
- AND REMEMBER Corbyn’s plan for unlimited and unrestricted immigration is the biggest threat to our public services including our NHS - as well as his plans to spend £1.2 trillion which would wreck our economy.
Here are some of the plans a Conservative majority government have to improve people lives:
- We'll make it easier to see your GP– under a majority Conservative government, there will be 50 million more appointments in GP surgeries, more GPs, more pharmacists and easier ways to book appointments.
- Introduce a new visa to attract the best doctors and nurses to work in our NHS and provide high-quality care transforming the experience of patients.
- Taking advantage of low borrowing rates so we can invest in infrastructure and level up opportunities across the country.
- Supporting our fantastic British drink producers like Scotch whisky distilleries – another example of the Conservatives delivering for the Scotland whilst the SNP are fixated on another independence referendum.