Over this election, Conservatives have announced plans which will deliver on people’s priorities. We will:
- Make it easier to see your GP - with 50 million more appointments in GP surgeries, more GPs, more pharmacists and easier ways to book appointments, as well as a new visa to attract the best doctors and nurses to work in our NHS.
- Take control of our borders by ending free movement and replacing it with a firm and fair Australian-style points-based immigration system so that we decide who comes to this country on the basis of the skills they have to offer – not where they come from.
- Protect our environment with a £640 million Nature for Climate fund, 30,000 more trees planted every year, as well as a £500 million Blue Planet Fund to protect our precious oceans.
- Transform further education by launching a huge new new rebuilding programme which will ensure we are able to prepare young people for their future.
- Invest in infrastructure to improve opportunities across the country.
- Support our veterans with a package of measures to improve life after serving in the armed forces.
But we need a Conservative majority government to get a functional Parliament and enact these changes for hardworking people. That’s why, with 24 days to go, the key things you need to remember on the doorstep today are:
- The choice at this election is between a majority Conservative government that will end the paralysis and confusion in Parliament, Get Brexit Done, and let the country move on OR a hung Parliament bringing more confusion and Corbyn in Downing Street.
- Only the Conservatives can win a majority – we only need to win nine more seats to end the gridlock in Parliament. Corbyn can’t win a majority but in a hung parliament he would be propped up by the SNP.
- Under Corbyn 2020 would be lost to the chaos of another two referendums – one on Brexit and another on Scottish independence.
- A Conservative Government can unleash Britain’s potential. Investing in our NHS with 40 new hospitals, cutting crime with 20,000 more police, introducing an Australian style points based immigration system, and giving businesses and families the economic certainty they need to plan for the future with confidence.
- AND REMEMBER Corbyn’s plan for unlimited and unrestricted immigration is the biggest threat to our public services including our NHS - as well as his plans to spend £1.2 trillion which would wreck our economy.