Richard Stogdon is the elected representative for Crowborough North and Jarvis Brook on East Sussex County Council, having first been elected in 2005.
Cllr Stogdon is a member of the following ESCC committees:
- Broadband Review Board (ETE Scrutiny)
- Commons and Village Green Registration Panel
- Economy, Transport and Environment Scrutiny Committee (Chair)
- Full Council
- Pension Committee (Chair)
- Regulatory Committee (Chair)
- Scrutiny Review of Highway Drainage
- Standards Committee (Chair)
- Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education (SACRE)
and has been appointed to the following outside bodies:
- ACCESS Joint Governance Committee (Local Government Pension Scheme Investment Pooling)
- Conservators of Ashdown Forest
while being affiliated with the Safer Wealden Partnership.